- 6 (6 ounce) skinless, boneless Sockeye Salmon portions or whole fillets
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 T chili-garlic sauce
- 2 T fresh lemon juice
- 1 T grated fresh ginger root
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 2 T olive oil
For the marinade:
1) Whisk together soy sauce, hoisin sauce, chili sauce, lemon juice, ginger, garlic, and olive oil in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
2) Place the salmon fillets or portions into the marinade and turn to evenly coat.
3) Cover the dish with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes.
For the grilled salmon:
1) Preheat grill to 350 degrees F.
2) Remove and discard the plastic wrap from the salmon
3) Oil the grates of the grill well (or cover grates with oiled tinfoil)
4) Place the salmon on the grill, you are going to cook the portions for 6-10 minutes or fillet for 12-15 minutes
5) Every two minutes brush the top of the salmon with the left over marinade to form a glaze on the flesh of the salmon.
6) Remove from grill and ENJOY!
Nicole is a Recipe Developer and Food Photographer from Allentown, Pennsylvania with an Associate degree from The Culinary Institute of America. Her first memories are of planting seeds with her father and grandfather in their elaborate gardens and sharing their abundant harvests with friends and neighbors. The spark of both pride and joy she felt when sharing this food with others and seeing the happiness it brought them was what inspired her to pursue the culinary arts from a young age. Nicole has spent time exploring the Hudson Valley and Philadelphia food scenes, but her current home in the rolling hills of Central PA is where she most enjoys combining her two passions; exploring the outdoors, and good food.
Tags: Asian Salmon Recipe Garlic Lemon Thai Cuisine