- 6 (6 ounce) skinless, boneless Sockeye Salmon portions or whole fillets
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 T chili-garlic sauce
- 2 T fresh lemon juice
- 1 T grated fresh ginger root
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 2 T olive oil
Credit: Chef Nicole Phillips
For the marinade:
1) Whisk together soy sauce, hoisin sauce, chili sauce, lemon juice, ginger, garlic, and olive oil in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
2) Place the salmon fillets or portions into the marinade and turn to evenly coat.
3) Cover the dish with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes.
For the grilled salmon:
1) Preheat grill to 350 degrees F.
2) Remove and discard the plastic wrap from the salmon
3) Oil the grates of the grill well (or cover grates with oiled tinfoil)
4) Place the salmon on the grill, you are going to cook the portions for 6-10 minutes or fillet for 12-15 minutes
5) Every two minutes brush the top of the salmon with the left over marinade to form a glaze on the flesh of the salmon.
6) Remove from grill and ENJOY!
Tags: Asian Salmon Recipe Garlic Lemon Thai Cuisine