- Wild Sockeye Salmon from Pride of Bristol Bay
- 1 pound sockeye salmon, cut into ¾-inch cubes
- ¼ cup soy sauce, low sodium, or tamari
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar, or apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sriracha, or chili paste
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 6-inch persian cucumbers, thinly sliced
- ½ cup rice wine vinegar
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes, dried
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- 2 tablespoons plain greek yogurt, or light mayonnaise
Irresistible spicy sockeye salmon poke bowls are a breeze to make! Healthy protein infused with Japanese inspired flavors for a delicious gourmet meal. Customize with your favorite toppings!
- In a medium-sized bowl combine diced salmon, soy sauce, vinegar, sriracha, and sesame oil. Cover and refrigerate.
- Combine vinegar, water, honey, salt and chili flakes in a medium-sized saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Once boiling turn off the heat, add cucumber slices and stir.
- Let rest 10 minutes, then transfer cucumber to a container, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a small bowl whisk together 2 tablespoons sriracha and 2 tablespoons yogurt or mayonnaise.
- To serve, add any additional desired ingredients to the bowl (like rice or salad) for the base. Top with ½ cup salmon poke, pickled cucumbers, and other toppings. Drizzle with sriracha sauce.
What is the safest way to thaw frozen sushi-grade salmon?
High-quality sushi-grade fish can be purchased fresh or frozen. When thawing frozen food, there is a safe method to do this. Many frozen fish fillets come in a vacuum-sealed package. The easiest method is to allow the fish to thaw on a paper towel-lined sheet pan in the refrigerator. Cut one side of the package to allow air to flow and help quickly defrost the fish. When you thaw inside a refrigerator, it keeps the fish out of the. Temperature danger zone. You want the fish to be cool, flexible and not icy before using in your dish. Do not refreeze the fish, as the texture and quality of the tuna will not be as good. For more on thawing safety click here.
Tags: 30 minute meals alaska salmon Chinese easy salmon recipe entree Japanese Poke pride of bristol bay Raw Salmon Salmon Salmon Bowl Salmon dinner Salmon Fillets salmon recieps Sockeye salmon sockeye salmon recipes Sushi Sushi Quality Sustainable sockeye wild alaskan salmon wild salmon wild seafood Wild sockeye