- 8-9 oz. cooked salmon (substitute canned), flaked into small bits
- 5 strips bacon, cooked till crisp and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- half a bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 2/3 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sour cream, for serving
Smokey, crispy and cheesy, these salmon waffles are a delicious way to use up leftover salmon for breakfast, lunch or dinner! A panini grill would also work for this recipe.
Makes 4-5 waffles
In a medium mixing bowl combine all the ingredients except the sour cream. Mixture should hold together when squeezed into a ball.
Spray a waffle iron (or panini press) with cooking spray and heat till hot. Place 3/4 cup of the salmon mix in the middle of the iron and close. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until browned.
Repeat with remaining salmon mix, being sure to clean and spray the iron before adding more mix.
Serve immediately topped with a dollop of sour cream.
Get more recipes like this follow @bristolbaysockeyesalmon
Tags: alaska salmon Baked Salmon Baking Brunch easy salmon recipe entree poach poaching pride of bristol bay Salmon Salmon dinner Sockeye salmon sockeye salmon recipes Sustainable sockeye wild alaskan salmon wild salmon wild seafood Wild sockeye