Sockeye Salmon Pasta Salad and Creamy Herbed Dressing -- Summer Go-To
Spring and summer will be here before you know it. With that in mind we're revisiting a favorite recipe that we ate way too much of last summer, but who's complaining? This delicious pasta salad is best with a filet of Pride of Bristol Bay Sockeye Salmon, and topped with a creamy herbed dressing. Once complete side the pasta with your favorite in season fruits and vegetables. This recipe serves 6, but it works just as well if you halve the ingredients.
1 (avg. 1.5 lbs) salmon fillet
1 lb. ready cooked pasta (I used gemelli)
For the sauce:
1 cup fresh herbs (cilantro, parsley, dill all work well here)
1/4 cup chopped shallot
1-2 teaspoons Dijon mustard (I like mustard, so I use larger amount)
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons half and half
Pinch cayenne pepper
Ground black pepper
- Place salmon in a large skillet adding water just to cover (you may need to cut the fillet in half). Add about 2 teaspoons of salt to season. Bring to a boil and then immediately turn off the heat, cover, and let the salmon sit for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, transfer salmon to a plate, remove the skin, and place in freezer to chill.
- Follow preparation instructions on pasta package and then place in a strainer. Rinse under cold water to chill.
- To prepare the dressing, place herbs, shallots, mustard, mayo, yogurt, half and half and cayenne in a food processor. Blend until smooth, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Break the salmon into chunks. In a large bowl, combine pasta, salmon, and dressing and toss lightly to combine.