- 1 fennel bulb sliced into rings, fronds reserved for garnish
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil plus additional to finish
- One 4-pound skin-on fillet of sockeye salmon pin bones removed
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup whole-grain mustard
- 3 teaspoon fennel seeds toasted and crushed
- 2 1/2 teaspoons coriander seeds toasted and crushed
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
Place the slices of fennel in the middle of a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil. Place the fillet of salmon skin-side down on top of the bed of fennel and sprinkle it with the salt. Spread the mustard evenly over the top of the salmon and sprinkle with the fennel and coriander seeds. Press gently to help the seeds adhere.
Roast until a fork inserts easily in the thickest part of the fish and the flesh flakes, approximately 1 hour. Remove the salmon to a platter. Sprinkle with the fennel fronds and drizzle with olive oil.
Photo Credit: Food Network
Tags: Baking Dinner|Recipe|Salmon|Sheet Pan|Sockeye Roast Salmon ROASTING Salmon dinner sockeye Sockeye Fillets Sockeye salmon sockeye salmon recipes SockeyeSalmon Sustainable sockeye Wild sockeye