Salmon and Veggies Red Curry
If you want to impress your guests, this is the recipe to use. The combination of red curry paste and coconut milk is to-die-for. Your Bristol Bay Sockeye salmon cooks slowly in the sauce, resulting in tender fish that is as delicious as it looks. Serve with steamed rice.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil or ghee
- 1 medium onion , chopped
- 1 Pride of Bristol Bay Sockeye salmon fillet, cut into equal pieces, skin removed
- One 13.5-ounce can coconut milk or cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1/2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 red, yellow or orange bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced into pieces
- 1 yellow squash, sliced into pieces
- ~ 1 cup spinach
In a large pot with a lid, heat the olive oil over medium. Add the onion and sauté until translucent.
When the onions are tender, add the coconut milk/cream, water, curry paste, fish sauce, and stir until the ingredients are blended and the sauce is smooth. Be sure to keep your pot on the heat at medium to medium high. When the liquid boils, drop the heat until it simmers, put on the lid, and cook for 6-8 minutes.
Add the salmon pieces, into sauce surrounded. Return the lid to the pot and simmer for 3 minutes.
Gently turn the salmon over. Add the zucchini, peppers and yellow squash to the pot, submerging in the sauce. Return the lid and simmer until the salmon is done -- it will gently flake apart, about 3 - 5 minutes. Once cooked remove from heat and scatter the spinach over the curry and cover again with the lid. The spinach will wilt quickly, ~ 2 minutes.
Serve in bowls over rice. Enjoy!