Salmon Carpaccio with Lemon Aioli and Pork Rind Crumble
- 3 tablespoons finely crushed pork rinds
- 3 tablespoons finely crushed toasted rye-bread crumbs
- Kosher salt
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 small garlic clove
- 3/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped dill
- 4 ounces broccoli rabe, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1/2 pound sushi-grade, skinless salmon fillet, wild, thinly sliced at a slight angle
How to Make It
Step 1In a small bowl, toss the crushed pork rinds with the toasted bread crumbs and season with salt.
Step 2In a blender, combine the egg yolks with the garlic, 1/4 teaspoon of the lemon zest and 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice and puree until smooth. With the blender on, drizzle in the canola oil and puree until thickened. Scrape the aioli into a bowl and stir in the chopped dill; season with salt.
Step 3In a medium pot of boiling salted water, cook the broccoli rabe until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the broccoli rabe to a bowl of ice water to chill. Drain well, pat dry and cut into 1/2-inch pieces. Transfer the broccoli rabe to a bowl and toss with the 1 teaspoon of olive oil and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of lemon zest and 1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice. Season with salt.
Step 4Spread a little lemon aioli on each of 4 plates and top with the broccoli rabe. Arrange the sliced salmon over the broccoli rabe and brush with olive oil. Sprinkle each serving with some of the pork rind crumble. Serve right away, passing the remaining lemon aioli and pork rind crumble alongside. Recipe from Food&Wine