- 2 untreated cedar planks, soaked in water for ~1 hour
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 Pride of Bristol Bay Sockeye Salmon Portions (~5 oz/each)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 ripe peaches, pitted and cut into chunks
- 1/2 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice, plus more to taste
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced basil leaves
Recipe created by Coley Cooks. Coley Cooks is a great friend and even better chef! You can get the full story of the recipe by visiting her website by clicking here. With summer in full swing we wanted to share this great Cedar Planked Salmon recipe. Enjoy!
- Preheat a grill to medium heat-high. Mix together the mustard, maple syrup, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Pat the salmon fillets very dry, then place them skin-side-down and rub the mustard mixture all over top.
Rub the top of the cedar planks lightly with oil, place them on the grill, close, and allow them to heat up for about 5 minutes. While the grill heats up, mix together the salsa.
Combine the tomatoes, peaches and red onion in a medium bowl. Drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil, season with salt and pepper, then mix to combine.
Place the salmon portions on the cedar planks, then close the grill and let cook for about 5-10 minutes or until the salmon is opaque in the center. Add the basil to the salsa, then toss to combine. Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed.
- Transfer each salmon fillet to a plate, then spoon salsa over top. Drizzle with a little more olive oil, then serve immediately.
Tags: best grilled salmon BestGrilledSalmon easy salmon recipe entree Grilling Grilling|Pride of Bristol Bay|Recipe|Wild Caught Sockeye|Wild Salmon Grilling|Pride of Bristol Bay|Sockeye Salmon|Wild Caught Sockeye How to grill salmon pride of bristol bay Pride of Bristol Bay|Recipe|Wild Sockeye Salmon Salmon dinner Salmon Fillets Salmon Portions Sockeye Fillets sockeye portion sockeye portions Sockeye salmon sockeye salmon recipes Sustainable sockeye wild alaskan salmon wild salmon wild seafood Wild sockeye